Friday, January 4, 2013

Sugru Again. But it's great stuff!

I've had this Crock Pot for ages. And the knob broke off right after I got it. I haven't used it as much as I probably would have because it was so difficult and painful to turn it on and to adjust the temperature. And with the cold weather here again, something had to be done. Just think of all those great stews I've missed out on!

But no more. Behold the before...

The before. Crock Pot sadly sans knob.
Creating a new knob with Sugru was incredibly easy. I just followed the directions, which means I washed my hands, cut the package open, kneaded the Sugru and rolled it out a bit with my fingers. I actually did this knob in a couple of stages, building up the Sugru and forming it into a pointer to point to the correct setting, but you could create this knob in many different ways.

The after...

Crock Pot newly re-knobbed.
The knob works perfectly, points correctly to the settings and seems very durable. More durable than the original knob, that's for sure. I've already made a delicious Irish stew so far. Chicken soup is next. Yum!

You can have a look at the Sugru web site to get many, many more ideas about what can be done with it.

https://sugru.com

No comments:

Post a Comment